Jobs to be Done / JTBD Training Workshop
A remote or in-person workshop with your team on how to use Jobs to be Done to improve your website, app and product design process
A practical, hands on way to understand how make the right product choices based on user needs. Use JTBD to research, plan and build innovative products and services. How JTBD can be used to advocate user centred design to senior stakeholders and unify product and marketing effort around a shared understanding of what users want to do.
Perfect for CEOs, product managers, UXers, business analysts and everyone planning and delivering product be that for a large organisation or start-up.
What you’ll learn
Through a series of fun, practical exercises you’ll learn:
- How and why to run user research to uncover the Jobs to be Done. Research techniques to identify and capture met and unmet user need.
- How to prioritise the Jobs to be Done. Which jobs to focus on first, which will have the greatest impact and which will deliver real innovation.
- How to design products, experiences and features around each JTBD. How to practically translate each Job to be Done into a product feature / UI via Job Stories.
- How JTBD can fit into your existing product processes (eg Agile, Design Sprints, user research) as well as the pros and cons of using JTBD.
- Use JTBD to align senior stakeholders, product teams and marketing.
- And if you are an agency / consultancy how to use JTBD to build long term client ❤.
I’ve worked with organisations like MoneySuperMarket eBay, Disney and Marriott as well as many startups so will share my experience of researching, planning and designing successful digital products and services.
I am a trained, experienced and qualified school teacher so expect to be doing from the very start of the workshop; sketching, designing and applying JTBD. I’ve been working remotely for 5 years and can deliver the workshop over 4 x 2 hour sessions to you and your team wherever you are.
After the Workshop
You’ll be able to:
- Uncover the Jobs to be Done, map them to your product and understand the where and the how of customer centred innovation and opportunities it presents
- Advocate and evidence product changes, feature and direcction across the organisation from C level executives to marketing
- Design the right thing in the right order for the right reasons
Come to the workshop and you’ll able to put JTBD into practice as soon as you get back to your desk.
About your trainer
I have spent the last 15 years working in UX with organisations like eBay, MoMA, Marriott and Disney. I have a degree in Neuroscience and an MSc in Human Computer Interaction.
I was a primary / elementary school teacher before this internet thing took-off so expect fun, games and practical stuff; no boring lectures and pages of PowerPoint.
Workshops in your Workplace / Remotely for your Team
I can come into your workplace and work with your team to plan innovative new features, products and services. The workshop also works well remotely being split into 4 x 2 hour sessions using tools like Zoom and Miro to work together and in break out groups.
Included with the workshop are a series of follow ups to help you plan and guide you through the roll out of JTBD and help with any hurdles you encounter. Get in touch if you’d like to run a private workshop for your team.
Previous workshop feedback
Joe is not only a knowledgable UXer, but also someone who can communicate knowledge – this combination makes him the best UX pro I have ever had the chance to meet.
Informative: Check, Engaging: Check, Fun with a side of english humor: Check, check!
Joe’s workshop was energetic, focused and unique! His energy and enthusiasm for the material came through, and along with the group activities and the worksheets, he kept the group engaged throughout the day. The material learned was practical and easy to share and put to use back at work.
Packed with valuable and actionable insights, Joe’s workshop should be mandatory for product designers and managers.
If you want to start using Jobs To Be Done in your design research then Joe’s informative, practical and persuasive course will put you on the right path.